- Join Kelly with her esteemed colleagues for the Beyond the Essential Oil Recipe Summit (Winter 2018)!
- 2019 speaking engagements: Conversation about Conservation (September) Alliance of International Aromatherapists, Minneapolis, MN, USA; 3 Workshops TBD: NE Women’s Herbal Conference (August) Hebron, NH, USA; Peruvian rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora): Conservation Consciousness, Cultivation, and Education (June) Planting the Future, Williams, OR, USA
- January 2019 – Kelly is returning to central and southern Peru to carry out Phase 3 of her research and humanitarian work. Please read more here!
- Kelly’s educational materials on aromatherapy have been translated into Shipibo for integration into school curriculum in central Peru.
- Our collaborative efforts have paid off! Enfleurage will no longer be selling rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora) oil, or using it in any of their blends. Their source was unable to provide authentic documents ensuring ethical sourcing and legal trade of the oil. Thank you, Enfleurage for demonstrating your commitment to ethically-sourced oils and helping to protect endangered essential oil-bearing plants. Read more here
- The documentary ‘Uncommon Scents’ is in its final production phase! Please help fund this amazing project by supporting Kristina Bauer and Angela Jensen Ehmke! Click here for more details.
- The Airmid Institute, is dedicated to the global education, research, and sustainable management of aromatic medicinal plants.
- Plans are underway for Kelly to return to Peru in 2018 and to obtain funding in support of the sustainable management of rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora). She is working to conduct assessments, manage the sustainable growth, and harvesting of rosewood trees in partnership with the Shipibos, and the distillation and CITES approved trade of sustainably-harvested rosewood essential oil. Click here for more information on Kelly’s recent work in Peru.
- Dr. James Simon, along with his group at Rutgers University, and Dr. Kelly Ablard are collaborating on a research project to explore adulteration of rosewood (‘Aniba rosaeodora’) essential oil (read more here). If you have rosewood essential oil, and would like to participate, please contact Dr. Ablard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kelly M. Ablard is a writer, instructor, independent researcher, certified aromatherapist, and she holds a Doctorate in Chemical Ecology. Her work has taken her worldwide where she has learned about medicinal uses of plants and the vital role that chemical communication plays in the natural world. She was the first to create an educational program on urban sustainable agriculture in downtown Vancouver, B.C., and is the founder of the VCC Urban Apothecary Learning Garden, an educational venue for aromatherapy, the chemistry of aromatic medicinal plants, and for learning about the many uses of traditional medicine. Read more about Kelly here.