- Kelly has been invited, and is honored, to speak about the sustainability and conservation of essential oil-bearing plants at the 2018 International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists (IFPA) conference being held at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, UK. Stay tuned for more details!
- Update 10/28/2017: Our collaborative efforts have paid off! Enfleurage will no longer be selling rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora) oil, or using it in any of their blends. Their source was unable to provide authentic documents ensuring ethical sourcing and legal trade of the oil. Thank you, Enfleurage for demonstrating your commitment to ethically-sourced oils and helping to protect endangered essential oil-bearing plants. Read more here
- The documentary ‘Uncommon Scents’ is in its final production phase! Please help fund this amazing project by supporting Kristina Bauer and Angela Jensen Ehmke! Click here for more details.
- The Airmid Institute, is dedicated to the global education, research, and sustainable management of aromatic medicinal plants.
- Plans are underway for Kelly to return to Peru in 2018 and to obtain funding in support of the sustainable management of rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora). She is working to conduct assessments, manage the sustainable growth, and harvesting of rosewood trees in partnership with the Shipibos, and the distillation and CITES approved trade of sustainably-harvested rosewood essential oil. Click here for more information on Kelly’s recent work in Peru.
- Dr. James Simon, along with his group at Rutgers University, and Dr. Kelly Ablard are collaborating on a research project to explore adulteration of rosewood (‘Aniba rosaeodora’) essential oil (read more here). If you have rosewood essential oil, and would like to participate, please contact Dr. Ablard at email@example.com.
Kelly M. Ablard is a writer, instructor, independent researcher, certified aromatherapist, and she holds a Doctorate in Chemical Ecology. Her work has taken her worldwide where she has learned about medicinal uses of plants and the vital role that chemical communication plays in the natural world. She was the first to create an educational program on urban sustainable agriculture in downtown Vancouver, B.C., and is the founder of the VCC Urban Apothecary Learning Garden, an educational venue for aromatherapy, the chemistry of aromatic medicinal plants, and for learning about the many uses of traditional medicine. Read more about Kelly here.